Bangalore, Gurgaon, Mumbai
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You will contribute to product development and delivery including requirement analysis, planning, design, delivery, implementation, validation and field testing.
- You will work with product management and other multi-functional teams to develop detailed software and functional specifications.
- You will analyze and prioritize various features for different sub-systems to get a synchronized system delivery in a phased manner
- You will participate in the design of various features and functionalities related to the design above.
- You will closely work with other teams and partners to carry out system integration and user acceptance testing.
- You will explicitly focus to continuously improve system performance with quality and its positioning.
- You, as module or sub-system owner, will develop deep understanding of product and software architecture, evolve into single point contact to upstream and downstream stakeholders – PLM, hardware, firmware and QA teams - for requirements, design and implementation related issues pertaining to the module/sub-system.
- You will be involved in feature design, implementation, unit testing and verification support for the sub-system. You will ensure quality in all deliverables and compliance with processes and practices at all stages of development life cycle,
- You will troubleshoot product issues seen in lab and field, collaborate with various teams to identify specific configurations and scenarios to reproduce defects and arrive at the root cause.
- You will be comfortable with usage of various tools/practices (including development or assessment of new tools/methodologies) as appropriate.
- You will Identify major gaps in architecture/design and proactively work towards resolution, including conceptualization of new features and process level changes.
- Extensive coding experience in C/C++ language on Linux based embedded platforms,
- Strong knowledge in multi-threading, IPC, Synchronization,
- Extensive experience in Carrier Ethernet technologies in the context of optical transport – EVC, MPLS-TP, ERPS, Pseudowire etc.
- In-depth understanding of Ethernet data path and packet processing architecture in SoC devices such as NPUs
- Experience of working with Broadcom DNX/XGS family of networking devices, including developing applications around the SDK suite and familiarity with troubleshooting methods using interpreter shells,
- Analytical skills – experience in troubleshooting design and coding issues involving data path impairments such as traffic instability, protection switching, QoS.
Good to have skills :
- Understanding of object modeling and user interfaces,
- Understanding of device drivers and hardware event handling
- Experience of having worked in Scrum/Agile processes
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages